From:
John James O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2007 00:25:28 -0400
Pilar,

For my company, I have found it preferable to invoice in US dollars as a
cost effective means to get around banking charges associated with multiple
currencies (and based in Asia, active internationally, you may imagine that
even a small boutique consultancy such as we encounters a large range of
currency types from baht to remenbi to kronar).

IRM Strategies typically bills in US dollars and has done so in Hong Kong,
where we are based, and Thailand, where the project payment was actually
channelled through the US. We anticipate payment from Sweden to be in US
dollars as well.  Of course, if a client prefers, we will invoice in the
local currency--but this can add complications due to clearing times, and cost.

Hope this example helps.

Regards,
John

John James O'Brien, CRM, MALT