From:
Sharon Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2007 09:37:40 -0800
Fortunately by the time my 911 was made 8 tracks were gone. Actually what is period correct for my car is just a Blaupunkt AM/FM radio. Anything else was a dealer add-on. We listen to the motor run, not tunes. You can see photos of "Eng" here:
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=345867
As to the dogs, my oldest Kerry Rascal does occasionally ride in Eng. The general rule though is no dogs in the Porsche (sorry Larry). But they do get some pretty great food as I often cook specifically for them. And yes - trout and sweet potatoes were on their menu for T-day.

Back to 8 track players - check out the audiokarma website and also Craigslist. There is a faction out there and they collect 8 track tapes and rebuild players. Your tapes in good condition are worth something to the right people.

Rock on!
Sharon
Sharon Burnett
[log in to unmask] Washington USA