From:
Susan Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2007 09:06:38 -0500
FYI. Not abandoned but undoubtedly haunted. It is gray but looks a bit
like grey gingerbread, and close-up is rather elegant except for the
dormer windows that are blocked off and covered for security reasons.
Also there are perennial security barriers on 17th that are not planned
with aesthetic quality in mind.  It's across the street (used to be a
street now it's a security plaza) from the Renwick Gallery (part of the
Smithsonian), another gingerbread building; and also Blair House, and
next door to the White House.  Across 17th is a 3rd historic building,
the Corcoran Gallery.

Susan Fitch Brown
BNF Technologies