From:
Chris Browne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 12:13:54 -0700
Dear Godfathers and Godmothers of RIM,

I'm intensely curious to hear what other organizations have been able to
negotiate into their storage contracts regarding vendor liability for
lost containers or digital media.

The Vendor That Shall Remain Unnamed assumes liability up to $1 per box,
which seems almost offensive. I'm wondering - has anyone ever negotiated
liability into their contracts based on content type? For example, a
certain liability is established for containers archived under a certain
record series, such as general accounting, whereas a different level is
established for intellectual property records series. Or perhaps levels
based on standard containers versus vital records?

Anyone doing something similar?

By the River in the sunny City of Trees.

Chris Browne
Micron Technology, Inc.
Boise, Idaho

"The real are of conversation is to not only say the right thing at the
right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting
time."