From:
Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2008 11:39:20 -0800
I am so glad to see formalized education on Records Management accessible to everyone regardless of geography. I think that being able to get a degree in the discipline will enhance the standing of our profession. In looking over the information, this caught my eye:

	The San José Solution

	To offer a totally online Master's degree run in the cohort model. Cohorts will take 2 courses a semester and graduate in just under three years. Students will be prepared to take and pass the certifying examinations of ARMA International and the Academy of Certified Archivists.

Applying for one or both of the exams is required under one of the courses. However, passing the certification exam is not required to get course credit.

The cost of this program is $18,877 (plus exam costs) and takes three years. I understand there is value to just having a Masters Degree, but I was wondering for those who already have or could attain a CRM (or CA) without this program, is there a value to taking it since the certification seems to be the goal?

Nolene Sherman | Director of Records Management | Standard Pacific Homes | 949-727-9360 | FAX 949-789-3379 | [log in to unmask]