From:
Vana Lopez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:47:38 -0700
Vladimir, your question prompted me to look back 16 years to see what
exciting name I'd given our  RM newsletter (short-term newsletter).
I went w/ a rather boring "FSSD Records Management Newsletter" for
the 1 to 2 page flyer format.

Besides your delivery format, the culture of your organization might
give you some more thoughts on what'll work best.  For mine at the
time, balancing some semblance of "professional" with something
catchy and "fun" inside (headlines, etc) was my direction--I wanted
staff's attention and for them to actually read it.

Currently I do "handouts" and a pretty well-received "Records 101 -
the comic strip" to catch interest & inform.  still working on
getting the attention long enough to get everything across I'd like
the small yet diverse staff to know.

That's my guess too as to what you are looking for, something
professional but attractive enough to your staff to get them to read
it.  So I see your concern as the name could be pretty important as
the first draw-in and reflection of your department to the rest of
your company.

sincerely,
Vana