From:
WALLIS Dwight D <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:04:45 -0700
I find utilizing the terms "content" or "function" - depending on the
context - clarifies for people the fact that a record's value is
determined by these factors, not necessarily by the type of media or
technology used to create or maintain the record. It is particularly
helpful in discussing e-mail. However, there are still individuals who
think that the only valid record is paper, so I find it also comes up in
discussions of imaging and identifying record copy across different
technologies and media.

Dwight Wallis, CRM
Records Administrator
Multnomah County Fleet, Records, Electronics, Distribution and Stores
(FREDS)
1620 S.E. 190th Avenue
Portland, OR 97233
Phone: (503)988-3741