From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2008 00:21:25 -0600
Chris,

Contact

 ý"ýPhilip Betschý"ý <[log in to unmask]>

Chris Flynn> Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:24:14 +1100> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Server Information> To: [log in to unmask]> > Chris,> > Knowing how notoriously stingy law firms are (when it comes to spending> their money that is), if you have sticker shock from remote backup services,> hosting a whole server is going to be a far worse option.> > The IT profession is no different to the legal profession in that it has> significant costs that it must cover and competitive advantages that it also> wants to leverage.> > There are e-Backup solutions that range from the free to the "outrageously> expensive". > > There is no shortage of competition in this segment of the data protection> industry so if you can't find a vendor in your price range then perhaps the> problem is not with the market but with your expectations.> > I doubt that any enterprise with more than a dozen employees can have a> feasible backup strategy for less than $20K per year, if you fi!
 nd someone> willing to offer one below that I would be seriously worried.> > Gerard> > -----Original Message-----> From: Eloquent ListServ [mailto:[log in to unmask]] > Sent: Thursday, 13 March 2008 2:56 AM> Subject: Re: Server Information> > Hi Chris,> > You may want to consider having the entire system hosted. We do that for> a number of institutions. That way we look after all the backup. Our> hosting also includes the use of our library, archives and records> management software. > > Check the website below, and if you are interested contact me directly.> > Kind Regards,> Merv Richter> Eloquent Systems Inc.> Organizing data for eloquent presentation!> www.eloquent-systems.com> 604-980-8358/101> 800-663-8172/101> [log in to unmask]> > > -----Original Message-----> From: Records Management Program [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On> Behalf Of Chris L. Patterson> Sent: February 28, 2008 10:23 AM> To: [log in to unmask]> Subject: [RM] Server Info!
 rmation> > I am trying to find an offsite vendor to back up our server
 that is not> outrageously priced (considering we are a very small law firm). Any> suggestions? A few that I've looked at just seem very over-priced.> > Thanks!> Chris Patterson> Records Administrator> Bohreer & Zucker LLP> Houston, Texas> > List archives at http://lists.ufl.edu/archives/recmgmt-l.html> Contact [log in to unmask] for assistance> To unsubscribe from this list, click the below link. If not already present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the message.> mailto:[log in to unmask]