From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2008 22:06:58 -0600
Easter is always the 1st Sunday after the 1st full moon after the Spring
Equinox (which is March 20). Easter can actually be one day earlier (March
22) but that is pretty rare. This dating of Easter is based on the lunar
Calendar that Hebrew people used to identify Passover, which is why it moves
Around in date on our Roman based calendar.
    The next time Easter will be this early (March 23) will be the year 2228
(220 years from now). The last time it was this early was 1913 (so if you're
95 or older, you are the only ones that were around for that!). (I think Peter is about that old, you might ask him)
    The next time it will be a day earlier, March 22, will be in the year
2285 (277 years from now). The last time it was on March 22 was 1818. So, no
One alive today has or will ever see it any earlier than this year! (not even Larry who didn't start working in the profession until 1872)

Chris Flynn