From:
Mimi Dionne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 09:05:28 -0700
Is this not a double-edged sword?  I will agree that IT is not responsible for retention, the RIM department is; however, in my experience, I have seen a RIM department "reduced" to retention issues only because that opinion (that the IT department is not responsible for Records Retention) is the opinion of the CIO...and while the RIM department didn't have a lot of upper management support (always the killer), the CIO did.  That is a very dangerous position for a RIM department to be in...if you're only addressing retention issues, there's probably not a lot of hope for entrenching at your organization.

  Then again, how many of us stay in the same position at the same entity beyond five years?  Now, that is a set of survey results I'd like to see.

Mimi Dionne, CRM, CDIA+, CA
Records Manager
Cheniere Energy, Inc.
700 Milam, Suite 800