From:
Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:05:52 -0700
Amelia, ARMA does not administer certification examinations.   The Institute of Certified Records Managers does (http://www.icrm.org/).  The Institute of Certified Records Managers* (ICRM) is an international certifying organization of and for professional records and information managers.

Good luck with your masters degree program at San Jose St.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM
Records Systems Manager; City of Reno

>>> [log in to unmask] 3/27/2008 6:45 AM >>>
We are very pleased to announce the new SLIS Master's Degree in Archives and
Records Administration (MARA) for Fall 2008.  Please share this news with
anyone you feel may be interested and don't hesitate to let me know if I can
answer or direct questions.
The School of Library and Information Science at San José State University
is now offering a Master's of Archives and Records Administration (MARA).
Using the convenience and flexibility of a fully online format and cohort
model, students will learn sophisticated technologies for organizing,
preserving, and accessing the growing volume of digital and analog assets
and electronic records that must comply with government regulations.

The MARA degree prepares students for careers in records and information
management and the certification exams administered by the Association of
Records Managers and Administrators and the Academy of Certified Archivists.
<snip>