From:
Jerry Van Loozen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2008 09:20:31 -0400
RFID is preferred when the item is in a less controlled environment and when the item is more valuable and/or more difficult to replace if you ever lose it. I think this is why law firms like RFID for IP files but it is not needed for all client files. (unless you have money to burn)

I have found that often you need to integrate technology and traditional processes vs pick one over the other. Using barcode, RFID and document imaging together will allow you to align barcodes for the easy items to track, RFID for the the exceptions and document imaging to scan the most oftened referred to documents eliminating the need to pull the hard copy most of the time while getting a copy of the pertinent document set.

Jerry Van Loozen, CDIA+
Business Services
Blue Ridge Solutions Group
www.blueridgesolutionsgroup.com