Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:55:49 -0400
On April 22, 2008, Bianca wrote:

"I have been asked to do some research on records manage software that is available and compare different funcationality and capabilities that exist such as scanning and automatic filing.  I am interested in learning about the range of functionality that exists in current RM software, and was hoping to get some help developing an initial list of software as a starting point for this research.  I'd be interested in software that you have used or are currently using and that you would recommend. If you would like to share any comments about software features, etc. that would be great, but simply providing the names of software would be very helpful as well."

Bianca:  One of the best resources I have been looking at is the 2008 AIIM Guide to ECM Purchasing.  The guide contains some excellent articles and a comprehensive Solution Provider Directory.  At the end of the guide, the Solution Providers Matrix lists each solution along with its associated functionality including Records Management and capture.  If you are a member of AIIM, you should have received the guide as a benefit of that membership.  If not, the link below will give you some more information.

http://www.aiim.org/article-aiim.asp?ID=34148

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Stephen A. Smith, MLIS, CDIA+