Date:
Wed, 7 May 2008 13:37:40 GMT
Hi All;
My apologies.  I have had to move my ListServ email off my corporate email because of the volume.  I had not yet set up a signature block on my netzero account, so that was why it was 'anonymous'.
I have been designing Records Management software since 1991 and have either implemented, replaced, or integrated other systems with many physical records management systems on the market, and many that have faded into history.  I have a BS in Business Admin and Computer Science and an MBA from UCBerkeley (back when they were a Top 10 ranked MBA program).
When I read an email asking about 3 specific products, two of which are architecturally-limited, technologically-outdated and which I have migrated customers from, I felt it a responsible act for my employer (and the future buyer of a records management system) to be sure people knew about my current product -- FileTrail.
We do some really cool stuff, are loved by our customers, and have an impressive and diverse client list, but I often find our name is not mentioned when people run off a list products.  We have had our 100% Browser-based software out since 2002, so it is not like we are new to the industry -- we have booth at every annual ARMA conference and many regional conferences.  It seems that this industry is a difficult one in which to gain name recognition.  I have had this same experience with two products previously, so it is not the FileTrail product or just an anomaly of this decade.
Here is my signature, and please feel free to contact me by ListServ or directly at [log in to unmask]
Tom Pemberton
VP Product Strategy
FileTrail, Inc