From:
John Annunziello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2008 13:38:46 -0400
I don't know if this is something that bothers other RIM managers, but so
often I get notices for downloading free white papers on a certain
subject.  You click on the site and they ask for a host of information
about you....almost everything but your shoe size.  Although I would find
the information pertinent to my joy, I can't be bothered filling in all
the information.  We have lots of vendors out there on this list.  If you
want to make it available as a "free" item, then provide it free.  If I
have to key in a ton of information, it is no longer free.  My time is
spent.

Can I make a recommendation that if you do want to know who is viewing
your information, then ask for my e-mail address, but nothing else.  If I
want to contact you, I can.  Likewise, you can do the same.

Just letting off steam on a Friday afternoon after trying to view 3 'free"
downloads.

John Annunziello, ermm
Manager, Records and Information
Toronto and Region Conservation Authority

"Information is a corporate, strategic asset that needs to be managed"