From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2008 22:46:28 -0600
> Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 11:35:19 -0400> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Google health records online> To: [log in to unmask]> > As with any online service - caveat emptor...> > As we saw with email services years ago - they said they respected> privacy...unless they could profit from it or they had to disclose it> for legal reasons (subpoenas). So much for privacy. If you opt in, know> what control you're giving up.>
well, Subpoenas apply regarless of this issue.
> I like google...their search engine, igoogle, google earth...but when> they start storing one's content I get concerned.

Some would say that is common sense others are going to jump on this train and ride it all the way. Personal choice ain't it grand :)> > Their email service touted its ability to mine your email and link> advertisers to you. Thus, one of their corporate assets is the content> of gmail. I can easily see that google medical records will also become> an asset to be mined and sold to advertisers when google sees fit.

maybe not. More likely sold as block to another provider at some point. With the changes in cost and service levels to go with it. > > This may be good if you want to be targeted. I can see the benefit when> a patient will upload their latest medical physical and within minutes> receive offers to relieve the ailments identified therein. They may be> able to take advantage of competition. However, these type of business> models are too easily corrupted and the competitors may be quacks (Will> google vet their advertisers like a better business bureau?).

LOL.> > Also, if UCLA Medical Center can't keep their employees from e-diving,> what would keep a google employee or hacker out of the same info?

Really they can't? My oh my. What is the world coming to. employees have been mining information from central records since Hamurabi. Put the controls in place monitor the staff and if something happens take them to task. Hacking is a Federal offence these days. Hopefully they will have a level of security that will keep the kids out. Homeland security has the rest (come on Charles I can't make it any easier for you)

Chris Flynn> > > Chuck Piotrowski> > List archives at http://lists.ufl.edu/archives/recmgmt-l.html> Contact [log in to unmask] for assistance> To unsubscribe from this list, click the below link. If not already present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the message.> mailto:[log in to unmask]