From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2008 10:32:36 -0600
> Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 08:06:47 -0400> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: how to file email> To: [log in to unmask]> > Hello, forgive the back to the basics question but I am looking for> advice on filing email.> > What email filing best practices recommendations do you give to users> without the aid of document management software?> > My organization does not have any document management software so we> are left to our own devices to organize email. Most of it is buried in> practical obscurity since no one really talks about email filing.> > What would you do in my situation?
Whiskey? no? ok
I would make a standard file pla. Apply the standard file plan to your email. In an ideal world your email platform is uniform throughout your org. if it is much easier.

Tell people to print email and file> paper as usual?
catch up. You loose to much information when you do that. the cost is prohibitive (think if you just printed out RAIN howmuch useless paper would you have and every org has a person that sends out volumes via email.) The list of reasons to not print out emails could occupy the list for the rest of the week.

 Tell them to save the email electronically as PDF?
I think I am going to cry.

Or> could you suggest something else...?

Yup. right about now I am thinking the Whiskey.

Chris Flynn> > Thank you,> > Kyle> > List archives at http://lists.ufl.edu/archives/recmgmt-l.html> Contact [log in to unmask] for assistance> To unsubscribe from this list, click the below link. If not already present, place UNSUBSCRIBE RECMGMT-L or UNSUB RECMGMT-L in the body of the message.> mailto:[log in to unmask]