From:
David Ives <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 May 2008 15:42:46 -0400
Hello all!

I know this is a topic that seems to come up, perhaps way too often, but
that's probably because even several years after its passage it seems a
lot of people still don't fully understand how to best comply with SOX.(or
maybe its just me)  So I hope you will forgive me for bringing it up again
but it would be really helpful to hear what other companies are actually
doing.

We are trying to come up with a harmonized SOX retention time period for
SOX related records across the affected departments (controls
documentation, testing evidence etc...)
My question is how long are you keeping SOX records?

My reading of the legislation seems to only point to 5 years (18 USCS
1520) or  7 years (17 CFR 210.2-06) (which is directed at accounting
companies).  Yet it has been suggested to me by a consultant that a
majority of businesses they work with have decided upon a 10 year
retention time period.

So again, it would be extremely helpful to hear how long others have set
their retention periods at for these record types.  Thanks in advance for
your sharing your knowledge and time!

Thank You!
David

David M. Ives