From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2008 12:59:53 -0400
On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 5:59 PM, Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> Not questioning you at all, however, I will take exception to some of the
> things you took exception to. :)
>
> <snip>
> ...for those few who cannot comply with public records laws to the degree
> demanded by the gadfly community...</snip> To some extent this matters -
> the
> example you provide about Word vs. HTML, etc. I'm with you. But if I were
> ask for information that only exists in email and you offer me paper, I
> think I'm within my rights to ask for electronic as *that* is the native
> format. I might not be able to demand it the other way around - though that
> *would* be cheaper in the long run.

but if it is only one email doesn't it make more sense to print it out then
to go through the trouble of producing it electronically. Is it the
information ie content the requester wants or is the native format.

These goes back to Ginny's comment that you need to comply with the law. If
the law doesn't specify the format in which the item is to be produced then
I believe it is up to the requester to specify the format. If they don't
specify the format then the decision is left up to the producer

IJS
--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va