Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2008 13:24:47 -0400
On June 20, 2008, Vana wrote:

"I'm moving boxed records to a space slightly less that 9 x 16 feet, from one that was about 19x19 feet so this job is not exactly industrial-sized.  There are a whole host of other challenges with this move, but the space is currently my top and most pressing challenge.

Your input is appreciated."

You are definitely going to be cramped for space moving to a smaller room.  Purchasing mobile shelving for such a limited amount of boxes seems, at leaset to me, to be an unnecessary expenditure.  And from what you said, the information in these boxes is not accessed frequently.  Have you thought about sending these more inactive boxes to an offsite records storage company?  That way you can repurpose the storage area and save yourself a lot of back pain and money in the process.

Thanks,
Stephen A. Smith, MLIS, CRM, CDIA+
Records Manager
QVC, Inc. Information Services