From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2008 11:24:03 -0600
Didn't read the articles - I am on vacation/babysitting duty this week with
very limited access to, well, anything nor the time to do anything with it.
But I would note that MANY MANY MANY organizations make exactly that
argument, particularly as regards email - the volume is too high and/or the
information is too complex to manage the same way.

I agree with Larry that that argument won't hold water (at least not much
longer), but I think the response is rather to move in the direction of
bigger buckets. Use the classification scheme for classification (if you
must; your users generally won't because they can't understand it), but
streamline retention as much as absolutely possible, keeping in mind that
the vast majority of retention requirements set floors rather than ceilings.

Regards,

Jesse Wilkins