From:
Vana Lopez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2008 13:56:12 -0700
Dustin,  If your retention schedule is a good fit for your business
(which I assume it is), when the records are up for disposal, they
are no longer useful records.  It's like saying let's keep all our
used tissues or bags of kitchen garbage.  I think it's called
"hoarding" -- the inability to discard.
Not sure what kind of re-framing would comfort your concerned
individuals or allow them to see the light.  Here I just tell them
the process we go through before we can dispose of anything and let
them know if the retention isn't appropriate for their needs to let
me know and we can work something out.
good luck!
sincerely,
Vana

Vana Lopez
District Clerk
Fairfield-Suisun Sewer District

><snip> There were a few individuals who have severe
>opposition to "throwing records away" even when past their retention
period.  The question was "well why can't we just hang on to them?" <sniip>