From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2009 13:13:15 -0600
Good discussion here.  We do have an interest in providing education to
other associations.  However, we sometimes find that some trade
association groups aren't really interested in any education.  In the
case in question here, it has become clear that the trade group wishes
only to engage so that they can use those offering education as though
they had approved of that "blue milk"..... merely because they spoke
with us.

There are a host of trade associations that where we could protest their
general direction.  However, I doubt that would be what would best serve
a professional association.  We are far better off working with other
professional associations that have a real interest in working with us -
rather than tilting at windmills in an effort to change the thinking of
those who are differently motivated.

Doug Allen, CRM, CDIA+