From:
Ian Janssen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 2009 14:53:03 -0500
Iron Mountain was engaging in similar practices before the economy
soured.  In the past few years, they levied a fuel surcharge on us, and
attempted to levy administrative fees; these actions all predated the
current recession.  This was in for return for service that was
problematic at best (people can contact me off-list if they really want
the gory details).  We did not have the wording in our business
agreement or Schedule A that allowed for annual increases or reviews of
rates; in fact, it was written into the agreement that rates could not
be changed or created and added without mutual written consent during
the life of the agreement.  However, that didn't seem to matter to IM.
Fortunately, we found a suitable local vendor and left.

--
Ian Janssen
Director