From:
Jenny Borland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 2009 22:49:05 -0800
Peter,
I do not understand why we should assume that to take a step forward we must
take a step back. In this case, stepping back would be sacrificing one
publication for another.

As a member of 'generation next' I think a peer reviewed journal is exactly
with RM needs. I have learned a great deal from IMM, but it does not have
the depth of a journal. What did they say at the conference in Orlando?
"This is not your father's ARMA"? well this is not your father's RM. We need
to bring out the big guns. The workplace will be impossible unless new
theories and standards of practice are developed-and a journal is the
perfect forum for sharing and discussing new ideas.

While I do understand the financial concerns, I think we should support
Luciana's and Pat's investigation. We can go down the financial/membership
road when we get there. But until then, we have nothing to lose but
trying-or in this case surveying.

Jenny

Jennifer Borland
MAS/MLIS Candidate
School of Library, Archival and Information Studies
University of British Columbia, Canada