From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Dec 2011 10:28:14 -0500
On Dec 16, 2011, at 12:00 AM, RECMGMT-L automatic digest system wrote:

> Subject: Future Proof – Protecting our digital future » The problems of identifying which digital records to keep and which to throw away: survey shows digital disposal is hard

Disney:
I saw a peanut stand,
Heard a rubber band,
I saw a needle that winked its eye.
But I think I will have seen everything
When I see an elephant fly.

I saw a digital movie,
I heard digital music that was groovy,
But I never saw a digital record
but sorry I can't rhyme record?

IT wants to put everything in the Cloud but it is seldom they will admit that all those documents stored there are records. No matter how hard you try, it is impossible to say that a record is every really gone if it has ever been digital but if you really need it then it is a different story.  I heard a great presentation about this and social media by the List's own Pat Franks in Binghamton.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134
WWW.FIRELOCK.COM