From:
Angie Fares <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 2011 18:16:06 +0000
I audit my off-site transfers according to risk ranking.  Vital records are audited 100% because they are absolutely essential to restore business in the event of disaster.  I also audit records with a higher retrieval rate than most other records (i.e. human resources, contracts, legal files).

With other transmittals, I only spot check about every fourth or fifth box or so...even less if the risk associated with the records is extremely low and indexing errors are not likely to create a problem because request rates are low or I can obtain the record from another source.  (i.e. internal work orders, invoices payable imaged, etc..).

I do always make sure that the DESCRIPTION, RECORD SERIES,TO, AND FROM dates are populated at least at the box level.  If folders are defined within the box, then the folders must be dated so that the box will be selected for destruction at some point.

Warmest regards