From:
Todd Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2012 13:02:27 -0600
I'll have to go back and check the contract. This isn't a typical RS
vendor, we simply lease an old furniture warehouse so I would be surprised
if there is any liability for environmental protection of the assets. None
of the boxes in question have any visible signs of mold. We did have that
issue with about 20 boxes and they were all sent to a vendor for
remediation.

Does anyone know of any RS vendors who take steps to wipe down, vacuum or
blow off boxes before they receive them? I guess it comes down to the level
of protection we want for these boxes as well as knowing whether or not the
dormant mold spores, and other dust, will significantly reduce the lifespan
of the records.

Thanks,

Todd P. Johnson, CRM, ERMm
Southern Star Central Gas Pipeline
Manager - Records & Information Management