From:
Josh Hargrafen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2012 10:09:01 -0600
Hello Janice,

We are a Lotus Notes shop and have a hybrid of a archiving tool crossed
with a home grown tool that provides some basic RIM functionality.  On
Notes, it is really not all that different than other email clients, it
provides all the same functionality (email, calendaring, tasks) but the
interface is a little different than what you may be used to from Outlook
or other clients.

I think the RIM tool should remain your focus and the integration aspects
are better left to your IT personnel on the project. It is important that
you understand the full range of capabilities as well as the limitations
of the solution that you are preparing to integrate so that you can push
towards making sure you get the most out of the tool and addressing gaps.

Adoption is an issue, as it is with all RIM solutions.  Users tend to have
their workflows that they have grown accustomed to and are generally
averse to change.  The best way to counteract this is to demonstrate the
value that they receive in return, if you fall back on compliance alone
users are generally turned off, but if they see it as an improvement in
the way they work users are much more accepting.

I am currently managing a project to replace our current solution as we
move from Notes to the Exchange (Outlook) environment and am constantly
focusing on ways to increase user acceptance while meeting all necessary
regulatory and business requirements.

Josh Hargrafen
Business Process Analyst / Records Management
MS 109-124, 400 Collins Road NE, Cedar Rapids, IA, USA
Phone: 319-295-6392 / VPN: 295-6392 / Fax: 319-295-2579
www.rockwellcollins.com