From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2012 09:11:38 -0700
On Thu, Apr 5,
"I have been saying this for years.........  we will see records managers
going to prison for egregious behavior in complying with the laws.  NFPA
232 makes you the 100% Responsible Party for the Records Center so it will
be easy for the management to force this down on you."

Yes Hugh, If only saying something made it so.
Historically, Records Managers are not held to this level of accountabilty
due to the fact that most do not have this evel of authority. If we were
say, on par with CPA's we would have a level of protection against upper
managements "egregious behavior". As it stands today we are not a
recognized profession. All it takes for a person to be a Records Manager is
to claim the title. Should we ever attain the status within the business
community that conferrs the authority, responsibilty, and accountabilty
then I can see what you desire happening. We are, as group, so far from
being there that it would be counterproductive to pursue prosecution of the
majority of Records Managers extant. They go after those that are truly
responsible and as a result accountable.

Chris Flynn