From:
vlemieux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2012 10:56:40 -0800
Dear All, Since I don't often post to the records management listserv,
though I am a dedicated and grateful lurker (as are my students), I will
introduce myself to the listserv again as Vicki Lemieux, an Assistant
Professor, in the School of Library, Archival and Information Studies at the
University of British Columbia.

I am sending this post to let members of the listserv know of the release of
my latest book, entitled "Financial Analysis and Risk Management: Data
Governance, Analytics and Life Cycle Management."

The book is based on a 2011 workshop held in Vancouver on records and
information management for financial analysis and risk management.  It
serves as a companion piece to my earlier work with Lynn Coleman, Geoffrey
Yeo and Rod Stone on "Managing Records in Global Financial Markets: Ensuring
Compliance and Mitigating Risk," and draws attention to weaknesses in
financial records, information and data related to the Global Financial
Crisis.  Contributors to the book note that these weaknesses have led to
operational risks in financial institutions, flawed bankruptcy and
foreclosure proceedings following the Crisis, and inadequacies in financial
supervisors' access to information needed for effective financial analysis
and risk management.  The unique contribution of the volume is in bringing
together researchers in distinct domains that seldom interact to identify
theoretical, technological, policy and practical issues related to the
management of financial records, information and data as we work to
establish a post-Crisis financial cyberinfrastructure.  The book will,
therefore, appeal to researchers or advanced practitioners in the field of
records management and those with an interest in risk management, computer
science, cognitive science, sociology, management information systems, and
information science as applied in the financial domain.

All the best,

Vicki.

Dr. Victoria Lemieux

Acting Director, Media and Graphics Interdisciplinary Centre (
<http://www.magic.ubc.ca> www.magic.ubc.ca)

Director, Centre for the Investigation of Financial Electronic Records (
<http://www.ciferresearch.org> www.ciferresearch.org)

iSchool at The University of British Columbia

1961 East Mall

Vancouver, BC

Canada V6T 1Z1

office: (604) 822-9199