From:
"Steward, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 2016 14:21:11 +0000
Glen, this is an amazing concept.  Thanks for sharing.  I can see big organizations running such an operation.  I also wonder if we might see small vendors locate themselves in dense areas of commerce (think Manhattan) and offer a service locally?  I'll bet such a business could even become NAID certified for that purpose.

The article did not mention how much new product had to be introduced into the fiber stage to make this work.  By new, I mean paper fiber added to the shredded content.  And what is the cost of a ream produced from this unit compared with a ream of comparable paper from Staples?  I realize there is added value with the Epson process with the destruction.  And it saves on the entire collection and transportation chain.

I hope we get to see this become reality.  The current large operations have economy of scale on their sides even with the collection and transportation expenses.  Perhaps some organizations will see the social responsibility of a greener process as incentive even if the cost benefit cannot compete with the traditional process.

David B. Steward
Director of Records

HUSCH BLACKWELL LLP
4801 Main Street,Suite 1000