From:
Nolene Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2016 10:25:01 -0800
My first thought when reading this was not that records managers failed, but that companies failed to even hire records managers in the first place. When eDiscovery became an issue, companies still bypassed the experts on information (the records managers) and went straight to IT who typically look to consultants and vendors to help them solve problems. The eDiscovery vendors just capitalized on need in the market and did it in a very IT-centric way. AI-like interfaces figure it out for you so the companies STILL don't have to solve the root problem ... lack of overall control of their information.

Nolene Sherman