From:
Luciana Duranti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2017 09:43:40 -0800
Please, forgive cross-posting.
__________________________________
Dear Colleagues:

Planning to attend Association of Canadian Archivists Conference (ACA) 2017
in Ottawa?  Delegates will notice a number of changes at this year's
conference.

When you check-in at Registration, you will not find our Executive Director,
Duncan Grant on hand to welcome delegates. Duncan will be retiring on April
30, 2017 after 14 years with Canada's Archival Association.

During his time with the ACA, Duncan has contributed to the governance and
overall administration of the Association in a number of key areas including
financial and project management, legal and regulatory compliance, as well
as stakeholder communications and marketing initiatives. As Executive
Director, Duncan has facilitated and directly contributed to the ongoing
success of the ACA by ensuring business continuity across the three pillars
of our Association: the annual conference, our academic journal
(Archivaria), and our membership.

We know you all will join the ACA Board of Directors in expressing our
tremendous appreciation to Duncan as he catches up on his golfing and
cycling he enjoys so much.

The ACA Board of Directors will shortly be releasing a job posting and
information about the next steps in filling this position.

Luciana Duranti, President | Association of Canadian Archivists

Jordan Bass, Vice-President | Association of Canadian Archivists