Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 2017 13:48:54 -0600
As Trump took the oath of office, WhiteHouse.gov transformed to reflect the
new administration -- and quite literally became a shell of the Obama-era
site.

A new homepage showed the new president, the "Issues" section updated to
reflect six topics central to Trump's campaign, and bio pages for President
Trump, Vice President Mike Pence and their wives.  But the briefing room
was empty, sections on veterans and climate change disappeared and links to
hundreds if not thousands of official documents suddenly stopped working.
The entire Office of Management and Budget web presence -- a critical
resource for IT policies and other nuts-and-bolts government operations --
was nowhere to be found.

News stories and social media quickly pointed to the missing issue pages as
evidence of Trump's hostility to climate science, the LGBTQ community and
other progressive issues.  Yet while the new president's priorities are
inarguably different from former President Barack Obama's, WhiteHouse.gov
reboot had more to do with server configurations and content management
than ideological messaging.
http://bit.ly/2l8aW1w
http://bit.ly/2l8aW1w+

--