From:
Douglas Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2017 10:48:54 -0500
A couple notes for those who are reading this thread:

1.  It is evident from the financial reports in the form of the IRS 990
forms that decisions were made ... perhaps in 2011 or 2012 or 2013 that led
to the losses.
2.  Many current board members (most certainly) were not participants in
the decisions that set the stage for the unfortunate state of ARMA
International's reserve funds....so I do not advocate that anyone try to
point fingers at individuals currently serving.  That's not really
appropriate in any case.  In fact a few on the Board today have merely been
working hard to either stem the losses or to keep things going.
3.  The best that we can expect at this point is that the Board and staff
have a plan to stem draining of reserve funds, that as an Association we
learn from that experience.

Please also be aware that I have no axe to grind, and if I did, it likely
only be with those who set the stage for the problems the Association has
faced....not with those who have been doing their best to keep ARMA
afloat.  Remember one thing....the decisions that were made were made based
on the Association's need to supplement dues revenues and conference
revenues with something more.  So, efforts were well intended, if not
executed well.

Doug Allen, CRM, CDIA+
Past President