From:
"Steward, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2014 19:54:20 +0000
This is a great question Chris.  I recently wrote an article for our internal Records department newsletter about the changes in subject matter of meetings and training in our profession.  I cannot remember the last meeting my local ARMA chapter held on physical records.  Isn't it ironic that most organizations still have physical records but there is so little interest in this as a topic?  Does it reflect the perceived value of those assets?

My point in this is that interests and needs change.  This isn't necessarily good, it is simply the reality.  What is becoming of the paper today?  The recent article on the court documents festering and oozing in storage perhaps tells us more than we realize.  I also appreciate the observation one of you made about job demands and lack of time to author long replies.

I have been around the Listserv almost as long as Ginny.  It has made a profound difference in my career.  This is one of the drivers that leads me to spend time posting to the Listserv.  I see this as giving back to the profession, especially to those new to the profession.

One last thought framed as a question: Is the difference in Listserv content today marked more by the answers or rather by the very nature of the questions?

David B. Steward
Director of Records

HUSCH BLACKWELL LLP
4801 Main Street, Suite 1000