From:
"Callen, Jeanne M" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2018 16:08:00 +0000
Jessica: I posted last week asking if anyone had any suggestions for RIM Month activities...

I checked with ARMA's Member Services and this was their response:

Thank you for your message to ARMA.  Yes, ARMA will be assisting members with RIM month this year.  This is a description of the 2018 plan from ARMA’s marketing director.  Watch for more information the last week on March.

Records and Information Management (RIM) Month 2018

April is Records and Information Management (RIM) month. Every year, records management professionals around the world raise awareness about records and information management by promoting records related events. The RIM month initiative was developed by ARMA International in 1995.

This year ARMA will be promoting RIM Month by drawing attention to the roles that information managers play in managing and protecting their company’s data and information assets.

ARMA will be creating and promoting the following related to RIM Month:

1.            Provide Key Tools & Resources for those working in the RIM/IG fields (i.e. potentially include Downloadable PDF’s, Posters, Flyers, Signatures - Infographics) – Download and Print

2.            Highlight how the world is moving from RIM to electronic-based records management and into IG (IGBOK)

3.            Highlight Best Practices

Records managers looking to promote in-office RIM events may consider scheduling an office-wide training day to update all office personnel on retention policies and IM procedures. Records managers might also speak with their directors to schedule an in-office records clean-up day where employees dress in jeans and everyone pitches in to address office backlog.

I thanked them for their response and replied “the sooner the better.” – In reference to their comment about this coming out the last week of March.

So far, I’m planning on posting weekly articles on our company intranet, posters and maybe a quiz. I’ve also received a proclamation from our Governor to post.

Jeanne M Callen, CRM
Records Management Leader
J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc.
P.O. Box 368, Neenah, WI 54957-0368
[log in to unmask] | 920-722-2848 Ext. 2849

This is my opinion only and does not represent the position of J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc.

Confidentiality Warning: This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this original message and any copy of it from your computer system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this email is strictly prohibited. Disclaimer: This email may contain information that is intended to lend technical knowledge and support to the recipient. Laws, regulations, and best practices change, and the observations and comments drawn today may not apply to laws, regulations, or best practices as they may be in the future. Any recommendations made by J. J. Keller staff are offered in strictly an advisory capacity and are not to be construed as legal advice. Recipients seeking legal advice should consult with legal counsel. J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc. P. O. Box 368, Neenah, WI 54957-0368