Sender:
From:
"Bergeron, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:49:12 -0500
Thanks, Taina.  I hadn't seen that one before.

Here's another little cold weather ditty.  Where it says "New
Hampshire," just insert "Canada," "North Dakota," or any cold weather
state.  (This joke has been around for awhile.  This is the
for-public-consumption version).

Paul Bergeron
Nashua, NH

Dear Diary:

Aug. 12 - Moved to our new home in New Hampshire. I am so excited. It's
so beautiful here. The mountains are so majestic. Can hardly wait to see
them with snow covering them.

Oct. 14 - New Hampshire is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves
have turned all colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride
through the beautiful countryside and saw some deer. They are so
graceful. Certainly they are the most wonderful animals on earth. This
must be paradise. I love it here!

Nov. 11 - Veteran's Day. Deer season starts soon. I can't imagine anyone
wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it snows soon. I love it
here!

Dec. 2 - It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed with
white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow
off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I
won). When the snow plow came by we had to shovel the driveway again.
What a beautiful place. I love New Hampshire!

Dec. 12 - More snow last night. The snow plow did his trick again to the
driveway. I love it here.

Dec. 19 - More snow last night. Couldn't get out of the driveway to get
to work. It's beautiful here but I'm exhausted from shoveling. Darn snow
plow.

Dec. 22 - More of that white stuff fell last night. I've got blisters on
my hands and a sore back from shoveling. I think the snow plow hides
around the corner until I'm done shoveling the driveway. Jerk.

Dec. 25 - Merry Christmas. More snow! If I ever get my hands on the jerk
who drives the snow plow, I swear I'll hurt him. Don't know why they
don't use more salt on the roads to melt the darn ice.

Dec. 27 - More white last night. Been inside for three days now except
for shoveling out the driveway after that snow plow goes through every
time. Can't go anywhere.  The car's stuck in a mountain of white stuff
and it's so darn cold. The weatherman says to expect another 10 inches
of the stuff again tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10
inches is?

Dec. 28 - That stupid weatherman was wrong. We got 34 inches of the
stuff this time. At this rate it won't melt before summer. The snow plow
got stuck up in the road and that jerk came to my door and asked to
borrow my shovel. After I told him that I had already broken six shovels
shoveling out all the stuff he had pushed into my driveway. I darn near
broke my last one over his head.

Jan. 4 - Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get
food and on my way back a stupid deer ran in front of the car. Did about
$3,000 damage to the car. Those darn beasts should be killed. They are
everywhere. Wish the hunters had exterminated them all last November.

May 3 - Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing
is rusted out from all that stupid salt they put all over the roads?

May 10 - Moved to Florida. I can't imagine why anyone in their right
mind would ever want to live in such a God forsaken place as New
Hampshire!