Sender:
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:15:22 -0500
From:
Maarja Krusten <[log in to unmask]>
Thanks for the thoughtful response, Tod.

Gotta admit, I am totally clueless on the "Charlie" story (is there a
film called _Buried Alive_, hmmm, I'll have to Google it some time), I
just picked that term up from Patrick's posting.  I didn't mean to
cause any confusion by writing "Charlie," my mistake.  Should have just
said "a person."

I'm interested in how paper copies taken home and left there for
continuing reference by employees with their employers' sanction have
been treated in legal cases over the years.

I agree that the assets belong to the organization.  Records management
and implementing schedules work mostly through the OPRs.  But I'm sure
there have always been all sorts of convenience copies floating around,
including stuck away in the home offices of employees.  Has that been a
source of legal headaches in the pre-electronic age?  Just wondering!

Maarja