Sender:
From:
Jane Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2006 08:27:59 +0100
Hi

I am very very new to records management and have been a lurker on this
list for a few weeks.  I work in the UK in the National Health Service.
Because of the Freedom of  Information Act public authorities (outside
of government) are slowly waking up to records management issues.  The
NHS has good records management practise for health records (on the
whole) but hasn't really considered corporate records until FOI came in.

A lot of our records are electronically created and held but there are
also paper ones too.  No money for ERMS.  I looked at the Australian
standards and came across this continuum model as opposed to the life
cycle of a record and wondered if anyone was using it and what your
thoughts were?

Any help appreciated

******************************

Jane Evans

Information Governance & Evaluation Manager

Information Team

Screening Services

18 Cathedral Road

Cardiff