Sender:
From:
Rachel Larson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2006 11:15:32 -0600
Hi,

I am new to the listserv.  I am Co-ordinator of Records Management for
Cameco Corporation, an international nuclear energy company with its
headquarters based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.  We are a uranimum
producer and have minesites as well as processing mills, refineries etc.
and are partnered with Bruce Power (nuclear reactor plant)  in Ontario.  We
have holdings in Saskatchewan, Ontario, Wyoming, Nebraska and Kazakhstan.

On a personal note I have been a member of the Saskatchewan Chapter of ARMA
for 15 years and involved with the Board at different levels.  I have been
with Cameco for just over a year.

Although we have a vital records protection schedule, no formal
guidelines/procedures had been developed and we are now formalizing those.
Part of this program will be a vital records audit.  I am trying to
ascertain what practices/procedures other organizations do to audit their
vital records program.  I know the theory - I would just like actual
examples of how different organizations handle the audit process for vital
records.

For those of you who have a vital records program in place, I have a few
brief questions I would like to ask in particular with regard to audits.
It would not take more than  10 minutes of your time.  If you are willing
to provide some information please contact me off-line or call me at
306-956-6596.  Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

Rachel Larson
Co-ordinator, Records Management
Cameco Corporation