Sender:
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2006 11:18:12 -0500
From:
"Russell D. James" <[log in to unmask]>
My thoughts are that this leveled certification won't work too well.  First
off, money becomes a concern as you move up in the certification project
because these non-U.S. societies have higher dues for continued membership
as you progress.

Non-U.S. nations, especially those in British Commonwealth countries, are
used to titles such as sir, lord, baron, duke, etc., and this is, in my
opinion, just a way of doing this in the records management field.

We already have such things with CRM, erms, CDIA+ and other certifications,
but do we still think of one records manager as equal to another? Yes, I
think we do.  Certification in something just means you know what you are
doing.  Moving up a level at a time is pretty elitist and no one ever gets a
chance to serve as a leader in the organization unless they achieve the
higher echelons of power, somewhat like the Masons?????

Russell D. James, M.A.
MLIS student
Louisiana State University