Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2006 20:10:42 -0500
From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
On Oct 29, 2006, at 12:01 AM, RECMGMT-L automatic digest system wrote:

> Subject: Re: OT - Item placed in hotel rooms at ARMA Conf in San
> Antonio
>
> On 10/28/06, Alice B. Young <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> Hello, All!
>>
>> As to Tim Hunt's thoughts on getting the Iron Mtn flashlight, I
>> thought it
>> was a bit odd, too!  How did anyone know I was attending the
>> conference and
>> just whose permission did someone get to place that brochure in my
>> room?
>
> ARMA blocks rooms for the conference. So when you sign up online for
> the conference your room is part of that block that is how they know
> you are part of the conference.

I left a lap top running in the room to down load my email and placed
the tag " Do not Disturb" on the door and they still entered the room.

I personally feel that in a world where Identity Theft is a major
issue, allowing some one to run into so many rooms was inappropriate.
If IM can't understand this faux pas why can't the executives of ARMA
understand it.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134
WWW.FIRELOCK.COM

privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the
sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any
unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part
is
strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to
change. Banc Tecnic Inc. dba FIRELOCK shall not be liable for the
improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in
this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your
system. FIRELOCK does not guarantee that the integrity of this
communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free
of viruses, interceptions or interference.