Sender:
From:
"A.Khramtsovsky" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2006 22:14:43 +0300
Hugh,

> I am looking for examples of where companies had these disasters and
> survived due to a proper plan of storing their records in multiple
> locations or medias.

I hope some of the links below might be of help.

Regards,
Natasha Khramtsovsky

"A disaster plan in action: How a law firm in the World Trade Center
survived 9/11 with vital records and employees intact", Information
Management Journal,  May/Jun 2003  by Barr, Jean
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3937/is_200305/ai_n9260326/pg_1

U.S. recovery: IT heroes toil to restore trading
"...For Marsh & McLennan's businesses, which occupied floors in 1 World
Trade Center and 2 World Trade Center, a five-year routine of converting
paper documents to electronic files paid off with more than 25 million
business documents saved from certain destruction..."
http://www.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/01/09/21/010921hnheroes.html

"The World Trade Center Disaster: A Study on Business Continuity Planning at
Organizations Directly Affected by the Sept. 11 Tragedy" By Dr. Effy Oz,
Penn State University, Commissioned by Strohl Systems
http://www.strohlsystems.com/MediaPR/_files/WTCReport.pdf

Only veteran medical records remain safe from New Orleans flood waters
http://www.thedailycitizen.com/articles/2005/09/15/news/features/featuresrecords.prt

Patriot Bank in Brooklyn collapses-MPA Systems provides disaster recovery
http://www.mpasystems.com/products/disaster/broklyn_collapse.php

"After the Tsunami, Keys to Recovery Lie In Vanished Papers"
With Crucial Files Destroyed, Finding Deposits, Proving Identity Loom as
Ordeals
THE WALL STREET JOURNAL, January 5, 2005
(needs login/password)
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB110487876922816907.html