Sender:
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2006 13:38:20 -0700
From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
And at the risk of my own health and welfare (donning flameproof suit)
personnel certifications are the same. Believe it or not, there are CDIA+s
and even CRMs that are not exactly the most gifted practitioners, while
there are any number of superlative practitioners without any alphabet soup
after their names. (removes the suit)

So to go back to Larry's point, DoD and other software certifications are
good for what they are good for: validating a certain minimal requirements
baseline which may or may not have any value for your particular
organization and circumstances. They are a good starting point to consider
requirements from, but should be taken with a couple pounds of salt and some
serious analysis of your business processes and culture.

Regards,

Jesse Wilkins
CDIA+, LIT, ICP, edp, ermm, ecms
IMERGE Consulting
(303) 574-1455 office
(303) 484-4142 fax
YIM: jessewilkins8511
Looking for the latest education on electronic records, email, and imaging?
Visit http://www.imergeconsult.com/schedule2.html for a current schedule of
courses.