Sender:
From:
"Colgan, Julie J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2006 13:58:38 -0500

<Even some Elite exec's will admit that records management is not a
focus of the firm and never will be.>

Elite isn't alone in this - I was previously with a firm who used an
Elite-competitor product for financials, conflicts/intake and records
(sorry, trying not to name names!).  I approached this company when I
was evaluating changing RM products to see if they had any grand plans
in the works to overhaul their current offering, and what I was told in
an email was "records isn't our sweet spot - financials are and that
isn't going to change; there are several products on the market today
that are much better than ours".

I was dumbfounded that 1) he would admit to such a thing, and 2) he'd
admit to such a thing in writing!  I printed out that email and took it
to my meeting with my boss to help justify buying something else  :)