Sender:
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:41:24 -0700
From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Bill,

I think to the extent that there is any progress made/announced on the
latest versions of DoD, MoReq, and/or ISO 15489, all of which are in review
this year, we'd certainly want to know about that.

Speaking for myself and my clients, I think I've seen some traction around
particularly DoD and ISO 15489 - not as much as we'd hope, but some. Most of
the folks I talk to have no idea what VERS is (to their significant
detriment!) and I haven't seen a single organization in the last five years
that has done anything with DC.  Not saying there aren't some out there, but
I haven't seen it because it's such a small metadata set. I'd love to see a
detailed case study of how VERS is working practically.

I think some other ones to consider would include:
ISO 17799, Information technology -- Security techniques -- Code of practice
for information security management
ISO 23081, Information and documentation -- Records management processes --
Metadata for records
ISO/TR 18492, Long-term preservation of electronic document-based
information
ALL of the ARMA standards published since San Antonio and those that will
either be published by Baltimore or very close. Conversion and Glossary come
to mind. I'd even recommend extending that to any AIIM standards of note -
they've been doing a ton of work with e.g. PDF/Archive, PDF/Universal
Accessibility, PDF/Engineering and may have other standards of interest to
ARMA folks and RMs more broadly.

Dunno if another poster session on standards will be in the offing, but I
thought that session went pretty well last year and might be a good way to
get some additional volunteers.

Regards,

Jesse Wilkins
CDIA+, LIT, ICP, edp, ermm, ecms
IMERGE Consulting
Yahoo! IM: jessewilkins8511
(303) 574-1455 office
(303) 484-4142 fax
Looking for the latest education on electronic records, email, and imaging?
Visit http://www.imergeconsult.com/schedule2.html for a current schedule of
courses.