Sender:
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2007 14:18:35 -0800
From:
Steve Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
We have always done it page-by-page. You never know when a scanner will
suck up 2 pages at once. Plus, to determine if certain pages needed
marked "Poor Quality Original" or, if it's a 2 sided document that the
back page didn't bleed through onto the first page. Then, there's the
adjusting the contrast and such for different types of paper/print. We
had a 6 step procedure: Log & scan, QC images, indexing, indexing QC &
submitting. Submitting was twofold: to an archive write for film backup
& to the program. The 6th & final step was spot checking the film for
correct location in the imaging management program.

Steve Morgan
C.J. Segerstrom & Sons, Records Manager
714.438.3228 Phone
714.546.9835 Fax

Information which is not communicated is valueless
Information which cannot be found is worthless