Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2008 07:56:20 -0400
From:
Dennis Tallerico <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Trudy,

ABBYY Finereader is a strong OCR product.  It has a very high degree of accuracy even on poor quality images.  It also has a decent cleanup editor for correcting OCR errors.  It has a "hot folder" feature that allows a block of OCR engines to be waiting for work queued to the hot folder so we utilize it for the majority of our post scanning production work.

Do not know much about the PDF Transformer product.

Dennis Tallerico
877-41-VAULT
440-386-4171
440-729-3911 office  866-927-4942 fax